|1 garlic clove halved|
|1 1/2 cups dry white wine|
|6 cups coarsely grated 5 Brothers cheese|
|4 teaspoons cornstarch|
|2 tablespoons kirsch|
|A pinch of ground nutmeg|
|Fresh ground pepper to taste|
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic halves and discard
- Add the wine and heat over medium heat until hot, but not quite boiling.
- While heating, shred the cheese and toss with cornstarch in a bowl
- Stir kirsch into the warming wine
- Add a handful of cheese at a time to the wine mixture, stirring constantly and not adding more cheese until the previous has melted. Continue until all the cheese is melted, bubbling gently, and has the appearance of a light creamy sauce season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Adjust the burner flame so the fondue continues to bubble gently.
- Serve with plenty of crusty bread cubes or any other tasty item that can be dipped in cheese.